Over the years, Instil has built a reputation for engineering excellence and creating great software. It is a reputation forged in a shared culture of quality and doing things the right way. We care deeply about what we do and how we do it.
As a software engineer, you will be very much part of this culture, writing code on a daily basis and helping deliver beautiful software for the cloud, mobile and desktop.
In return, we can offer varied, challenging work in a supportive environment - one where you will find yourself constantly evolving, learning, and doing.
Day to Day
- Collaborate and work as part of our engineering teams to develop software solutions to production
- Learn and adopt the skills to become a confident, independent software engineer
- Work across a range of front and backend technologies including Kotlin, Java, and C# in a structured and supportive work environment
- Research and evaluate new technologies that could improve the quality of our software
- Proactively contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness and knowledge sharing
Need to have
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the software industry
- Completed a computer science or software engineering related degree, ideally 2.1 or higher
- Experience writing and testing production-grade software in Java, Kotlin, C#, or similar high-level language.
- An ability to program and solve basic programming challenges in a high level language
- A deep curiosity about programming and software in general
- A keen eye for detail and quality which should be reflected in your outputs
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
Nice to have
- Experience developing mobile apps (Kotlin / Swift), or web applications (Angular / React)
- Experience developing cloud native and Serverless systems (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Evidence of contribution to a personal or open source project
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- A good understanding of developer tooling (IntelliJ, Git, etc), testing and clean code
- Excellent salary + annual bonus
- Flexible working + work from home
- 35 days annual leave
- Health insurance + life assurance
- Personal hardware budget
- 8% pension
- Bike to work scheme
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.