Business Development Director
Instil develops custom software products for global technology companies. Our services include custom software development, cloud migration and modernisation, digital transformation, product engineering and developer enablement - setting engineering teams up for success with world-class training and mentoring.
Due to ambitious growth we are seeking a highly experienced Business Development Director to deliver upwards of £4m+ in new private enterprise sales per annum in the EMEA and US markets.
This is a critical role that will demand strong business acumen and commercial awareness. The successful candidate will own the end-to-end sales cycle, from identification to closing, and will be responsible for driving plans on how to undertake further demand generation.
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver, a hunter, someone with an entrepreneurial flair who has a proven track-record of selling software development services into enterprise organisations, who has an excellent understanding how technology can shape outcomes, and who can create proposals to help solve customer challenges.
If successful, you will have the opportunity to lead the growth of the business development function at Instil.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Realistic OTE £150,000 with uncapped commission
- Remote / Hybrid - your choice!
- Flexible working hours
- Summer working hours to include 4.5 day week
- 35 days holiday
- Pension (8% employer, 5% employee)
- Private medical (Vitality & Westfield)
- Life assurance
- MacBook Pro
- £1000 hardware budget
- Retailer discounts (Apple & Bose)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Create in excess of £4m of new sales per annum within the EMEA and US regions
- Develop and execute a sales plan that maximises both revenue and profitability
- Own and deliver all aspects of the sales cycle, including lead generation, prospecting, exploration, and shaping proposals
- Grow a high-calibre sales team to drive further growth
- Document and report weekly on sales activity and pipeline
- Negotiate and review commercial contracts
Need to have:
- 10+ years' experience of selling software services into private enterprise customers
- Track record of landing deals in excess of £300k ($400k) and growing accounts to over £2m in revenue.
- Proven experience of having worked and led marketing/sales teams in lead and demand generation
- Substantial experience in managing the full sales lifecycle
- Experience of having shaped proposals to help solve customer challenges
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter with a passion for networking and sales, and an ability to work autonomously in an ambiguous environment with little guidance
- Comfortable and experienced at working at the C-level
- Willing to be held accountable for your actions and results
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Nice to have:
- Experience across multiple continents, UK, USA & EMEA
- Experience tendering for work, writing technical proposals and bids.
- A technical or educational background in Engineering, Computer Science or IT