Principal Product Designer
We usually respond within three days
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join our growing business. As a key member of the design team you will spend the majority of your time designing digital experiences and contributing to our overarching culture of delivering quality.
You should have a strong emphasis on User Experience and User Interface design. As a Principal you will work closely with the Head of Design, you will partner closely with our clients to deliver customer-friendly product solutions, modular components, prototypes and animations all whilst delivering a consultative approach.
At Instil, we pride ourselves on our work culture, something that stems from the top down. Our leadership team are huge advocates of the healthy work-life balance. What this means is, you will be given complete flexibility and autonomy, that’s our promise.
When applying, please shout loud and proud about your previous work by including your portfolio.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Private Pension (8% Employer, 5% Employee)
- Fully Remote or Hybrid
- Flexible Working Hours
- Summer Working Hours
- 35 Days Holiday
- Private Healthcare (Vitality & Westfield)
- Life Assurance
- M1 MacBook Pro
- £1000 Hardware Budget
- Retail Discounts (Apple & Bose)
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Day to day:
- You’ll be a subject matter expert and will be called upon by fellow colleagues for your insight and will work closely with clients to understand their vision and expectations.
- You'll be embedded in a cross-functional team and work closely with Design Systems, Documentation, and Prototypes.
- You'll create standards and guidelines that help to unify our customer's digital experiences.
- You'll be an advocate for design and proactively promote its benefits.
- You'll work with PMs, Engineers, and internal stakeholders to explore opportunities that lead to meaningful outcomes.
- You'll promote collaboration and consistency and work with other designers to solve problems and create beautiful experiences.
- You'll be aware of business goals, risks, and engineering possibilities and work within constraints, knowing when to make trade-offs.
- You'll use your facilitation skills to bring people together to explore and ideate.
- You'll proactively communicate your ideas and present work to internal stakeholders for review.
- You'll be part of our growing design community, participating in meaningful design discussions, including crits, forums, and drop-ins.
Need to have:
- You have at least 7+ years of experience.
- You are comfortable taking full ownership and responsibility of a project from end to end.
- You have a track record of providing external stakeholders with guidance through a consultative approach.
- You're familiar with fundamentals, components, and patterns.
- You have experience working with a design system and have created new components and supporting documentation.
- You have experience using the latest tools and software such as Figma and Sketch.
- You have a track record of designing user interfaces for complex applications, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions.
- You understand the importance of seeing the bigger picture to create the best user experience possible.
- You're a natural collaborator and take an empathetic approach to your design work and your working relationships.
- You can demonstrate digital design fundamentals.
- You're articulate and can confidently present your design rationale.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating the above.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
Nice to have:
- Past experience in consulting
- A good understanding of HTML / CSS
- A constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
- Past experience working with digital products
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
What We Stand For
...about each other ...about our clients ...about our planet
...for kinder ways ...for smarter ways ...for better ways
...our knowledge ...our capabilities ...our impact
Principal Product Designer
Loading application form